A Myers cocktail is an IV infusion of vitamins and nutrients for treating various health conditions. It was developed by Dr. John Myers, an American physician who uses it to treat multiple chronic diseases, including asthma, fibromyalgia, depression, substance abuse disorder, and migraine headaches.
One of the main benefits of a Myer’s cocktail is that it increases the body’s ability to absorb nutrients from foods through increased vitamin B6, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, folate, pantothenic acid, biotin, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxal phosphate. For example, vitamin C is administered intravenously and reaches blood levels far beyond what can be obtained by taking oral doses.
Myers’ cocktail ingredients
1. Magnesium chloride – Helps prevent inflammation and is essential for a robust immune system. This helps prevent inflammation and is crucial in supporting a robust immune system. Magnesium chloride helps treat asthma, migraine headaches, and high blood pressure.
2. Calcium Gluconate – Calcium helps strengthen bone structure and keep them healthy. It’s essential for growing children and adults alike!
3. Vitamin B Complex – All eight B vitamins in the b vitamin group play an important role in maintaining good health. They help prevent hair loss, manage stress, promote energy levels, boost brain function, improve moods, and protect against heart disease.
4. Vitamin C – Consuming extra amounts can boost your body’s ability to fight off infections. Studies show that increasing your vitamin C intake can raise your blood level of antioxidants by up to 30%!
Vitamin C contains various beneficial nutrients and works well for people who want to improve their health and wellness.
Benefits of a Myer’s cocktail
1. Stronger Immunity to support your body – Because of its high vitamin C, one of the primary benefits of a Myer’s Cocktail intravenous infusion (IV) is to strengthen your immune system and prevent frequent colds and cases of the flu.
2. better nerve health may help fight fibromyalgia symptoms- A lack of vitamin b12 in the body has been linked to nerve damage which may cause fibromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain and fatigue, sleep disorders, depression, and cognitive dysfunction. It’s estimated that between 5% and 10% of adults have fibromyalgia.
3. Improve your Memory –Inadequate vitamin B12 and C levels may be linked to poorer cognitive function and an inability to retain new memories. One of the main benefits of a Myer’s cocktail is that it is loaded with these essential vitamins. As we age, our brains start to lose neurons that hold onto memories, which leads to memory loss. However, there’s no way to stop this from happening. We can slow it down by taking vitamin supplements like B12 and high-dose vitamin C.
4. Supports Healthy Bones – Calcium gluconate is used to help control high blood pressure if needed. It may also be used for treating certain types of kidney stones. Calcium is vital in nerve function, muscle contraction, cell division, and protein synthesis. If there isn’t enough calcium in the bloodstream, the body takes calcium from its bones, weakening them. Getting enough calcium every day is essential because too low levels can lead to osteoporosis.
5. Higher Energy Levels – Complex vitamins are essential to your body’s energy generation. In particular, vitamin B12 has energy-boosting qualities that can instantly boost your mood and treat mental health conditions such as depression and anxiety.
6. Help Prevent Migraines –
People who suffer from migraine headaches tend to be more prone to low magnesium levels than most healthy individuals. Evidence suggests that a Myers cocktail may help relieve migraines faster and better than some conventional medications.
7. Improves Blood Health & Circulatory System – To produce enough new red blood cells, we need adequate amounts of vitamin B12, which helps us create new red blood cells. Also, having sufficient levels of vitamin C allows them to absorb iron from foods like meat and eggs so they can become part of the body’s hemoglobin (the protein responsible for carrying oxygen throughout the bloodstream). A low vitamin C level may lead to inadequate dietary iron intake, which could cause anemia.
8. Improved Mood and Vitality – Serotonin helps regulate our moods; therefore, having healthy amounts in our bodies is essential for maintaining good mental health. Vitamin B12 helps produce serotonin by converting amino acids into neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, and GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid). Improving your mood is one of the many benefits of a Myer’s cocktail and is very important to treat mood disorders like depression! If you’re feeling depressed or anxious. It is essential to take care of yourself by eating right, exercising regularly, sleeping enough, and keeping stress levels low
Does the Myers’ Cocktail have any side effects?
Because there aren’t usually any side effects from receiving a Myer’s cocktail intravenously, it is rarely necessary to stop treatment just because an individual has had some mild discomfort during their infusion. During the injection, you’ll be monitored by a medical professional specially trained in infusion therapy.
After an infusion, there may be minor discomfort at the injection site for up to 24 hours. You might feel slightly warm when first waking from sleep. It has been shown to dilate blood vessels, which expands them. Because of this, the infusion may cause low blood pressure, which could lead to dizziness. If you have one of these symptoms, your doctor may lower the infusion speed.
Please call 911 if you are experiencing a medical emergency or contact our admissions department for support at (801) 499-9316